Intel Motherboard DP45SG Review- Problems

This new Intel Desktop Board Extreme Series BOXDP45SG motherboard is an affordable performance board. The board spec looks great take a look- it supports the latest Intel Core2 Extreme processors with overclocking features. The board has four 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module

(DIMM) sockets - Support for DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz DIMMs. Support for up to 8 GB of system memory The socket 775 supports both E series and Q series cpu's - Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Core 2 Extreme, Intel Core 2 Quad, Intel Celeron D 4XX, Intel Pentium Dual Core. Onboard sound card Intel high definition audio and no onboard video card. Accepts PCI express 2.0 video cards. The motherboard is ATX sized for mid size towers and great for gamers or extreme lovers building their own machine. Many reviews were done on this board and it seems that some users have installed it having no problems at all and others can't seem to find the solution to the problems they have. I decided to build a complete new tower and purchased the Ultra M998 mid tower, very nice. This is an animal case and great for builders as it has plenty of room for dual video express cards, fans and has a slide out motherboard tray.I used the DP45SG motherboard with an Intel E8400processor and Patriot memory PC1066- 1333mhz - 4- 1mg memory. Included in the system was an ultra 750watt power supply, a couple of hard drives, 2- DVD's and a Diamond Radeon 4650 PCIe video card. I put the system together in no time and loaded Windows Vista Ultimate operating system. I upgraded the latest bios and the machine ran like a charm....until I restarted. On the boot up it stalled and there was no video. I re-booted and it started and gave 2 beeps at pre & post. The screen came up fine so I downloaded the rest of the driver updates. At restart the same thing happened so I rebooted and got a video screen. I checked the system specs and all seemed fine, so I continued to load software. At restart the same thing happened. I started the computer again and went into bios setup. The mb was not reading the correct mem speed so I was convinced that the memory or video card was not compatible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment