Intel Core I5 Computer CPU Vs Intel Core I7 920 Computer Processor Review

Specifications

The new great debate out today is between the release of the new Intel Core I5 computer CPU and the previous equivalent I7 920 computer processor. They aren't really made to be the same processor, but their performance is close enough to make it a battle of the $$$! I will describe some recent developments and how people have stacked them up against each other in day to day computers and even overclocking performance. I will keep things as simple as possible.

The new Intel Core I5 computer CPU is part of the tri-release of computer processors that have new upgrades. The Intel Core I5 computer CPU has 95 watt voltage, 2.66ghz to 3.2ghz speed with turbo boost, two channels of DDR3 1333mhz memory and 8mb of Intel's Smart Cache.

The Core I5 is just like the Core I7's that are made to be energy efficient, but are more for people that don't need the fastest machine in the world. The Turbo Boost helps you get the power you need, where you need it and when you need it. It is just a performance specification that sees that you have a demand in one area and will focus on it to provide you with the power you need.

Smart Cache is thing that many gamers love because it is an upgrade to the old cache system. It allows you to stay updated with all these multi-threaded games out today that are so demanding on your computer system.

Overclocking

When you compare two computer processors you have to take some things into consideration. You would think that the strongest would overclock the best, but that is not always true. This situation is a little weird within itself. I will explain below.

The Intel Core I5 is actually a better and stronger computer CPU than the Core I7 920, but only because of the Turbo Boost technology. This is only viewable when they are both running on stock. However, if you are overclocking the I7 920 has a much higher capability and will beat the Intel Core I5 computer processor no problem.

This partially pertains to the difference in computer CPU sockets they are using. The Intel Core I5 is using the new 1156 socket and the Intel Core I7 is using the 1366 socket. Obviously one is capable of handling a lot more data. So it is simple to see why in the overclocking world it is the winner.

Conclusion

From tabulating the dating and reviews of the computer cpu on many different stock and overclocking setups it is simple to see that these computer processors are made for exactly what Intel said. Intel Core I5 computer CPU is made for home computer users that don't play a lot of heavy duty games or computer CPU intensive programs. Intel Core I7 computer cpu is made for varying levels of gamers and video encoders and decoders that have use of that kind of power and overclocking potential.

You may be one or the other, but I have been on both sides of the game. At this moment, whatever is most cost effective is going to win the ballgame. If you are going to buy something make sure you buy it for the right purposes or you may feel like you could have gotten a better deal later on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment